About the Argonaut Rowing Club
Founded in 1872, the Argonaut Rowing Club (ARC) is one of Canada’s oldest and largest clubs. The club has continued to play a significant role in this classic, demanding and rewarding sport.
ARC provides a structured pathway of programs for athletes, coaches, umpires and volunteers based on the Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L)/Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model.
ARC will inspire a lifelong passion for the sport of rowing and will support members to achieve their personal level of excellence.
Located on the Western Beaches of Toronto, it offers novice and experienced rowers excellent rowing conditions along a breakwater-protected course.
- Integrity –
- We are transparent, honest, fair and hold open dialogues. Everyone is treated equally; we are all held to the same rules.
- Teamwork –
- We listen to one another, respect different opinions, communicate openly and support one another. We pull together.
- Sportsmanship –
- We compete fairly, treat each other with fairness and respect, lose with grace and demonstrate understanding of the other by being inclusive and encouraging.
- Commitment to excellence –
- We create opportunities for all to develop our skills to be the best we can be and to celebrate our successes and our accomplishments. We strive to provide excellent programs and we commit to continuous improvement.
The ARC inspires a lifelong passion for the sport of rowing in all members. ARC is open to anyone interested in rowing, whether beginner or elite rower. Our membership includes rowers of all ages and levels of ability. Individual goals range from staying fit to competing in local, national or international regattas. ARC offers programs for persons with disabilities to learn to row and participate as recreational or competitive members. Some of our para-rowers have been members of the Canadian National team.
Argonaut Rowing Club
1225 Lake Shore Blvd. West
Toronto, Ontario M6K 3C1