Junior Financial Assistance
Martha Coffey Junior Development Fund (MCJDF)
Purpose: Serve as a tribute to the late Martha Coffey, long-time member of the Argonaut Rowing Club and ARC Junior Program supporter, by increasing access to the sport of rowing through minimizing financial barriers to participation.
Specifically, the Martha Coffey Junior Development Fund will subsidize one or more junior member’s ARC membership fees, regatta fees and/or regatta travel expenses where a need has been identified and confirmed by the ARC Membership Chair.
Steps to access:
- Contact the Membership Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) to initiate the process
- Access financial assistance options, here:
- Apply to Canadian Tire Jumpstart or
- KidSport, or
- ParticipACTION, or
- RBC Learn to Play
- Provide proof of application to the above
- MCJDF pays the remainder of your fees, up to 100% of the cost of an annual membership.
- MCJDF can also help to offset the cost of regatta entries, trailering, and training camp participation.
Note: the identities of the recipients are not publicly shared, but statistics on disbursement and impact of the funds are shared with donors and used internally. We always appreciate an impact statement from recipients!