Annual General Meeting 2022
*** NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING***
NOVEMBER 23, 2022; 7:00 PM
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the membership of the ARGONAUT ROWING CLUB will be held
Date: Wednesday November 23, 2022
Time: 7 PM to 9PM Eastern Standard Time
Location: The Henley Room 1225 Lake shore Blvd West, Toronto
for the following purposes:
- To receive the reports of the Directors and any other person that the Directors determine shall or may make a report
- To receive, review and approve the audited financial statements for the year ending March 31, 2022
- To receive and review a financial report for the current fiscal year to September 30, 2022
- To appoint auditors
- To elect/acclaim new Directors to replace those that resigned
- To review proposed changes to the 2021 ARC By-law; and
- To transact such further business as may properly come before the meeting.
- If you wish to stand for election to the Board, the Nominations form may be found on the Website under “Club Policies, By-law and Code of Conduct”. Nominations must be received by November 9, 2022.
- Director positions stand for three portfolios: President, Assistant Treasurer and Events
- Jason van Ravenswaay, the current President, intends to stand for re-election. For the Assistant Treasurer position, the Board is seeking someone with an accounting designation.
- If you do not plan to attend the meeting, please send your proxy with a member who plans to attend or email it to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Proxy form may be found on the Website under Club Policies, By-law and Code of Conduct
- The Reports of the Board of Directors will be posted on the website on October 31, 2022.
Annual Meeting 2022 – Agenda and Motions
2022 Board Portfolio Reports
Each year, directors must provide a report of all activities they worked on during the year, and plans for the upcoming year.
Introductory Support Programs and Camp Argo Report
Amendments to the By-law – Memo to Members
The ARC’s Financial Statements for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022 are now available.
Election of new members
Each year three (out of nine) elected members’ terms come up for renewal at the Annual Meeting. Additionally, if there are any vacancies arising from resignations, those positions also are filled by election. To stand for election, members were asked to submit a nomination form to the Secretary, 15 days prior to the Annual Meeting (no later than November 9, 2022).
If you are interested in serving on the board, or want more information, please contact Jason van Ravenswaay or Judy Sutcliffe.
During the Annual Meeting, membership votes on decisions and new directors. If you are unable to attend the meeting but wish to have your vote counted, you may vote by Proxy. A Proxy is a form held by another member that gives the other member the right to vote on your behalf. To confirm that the other member can vote on your behalf, please complete the Annual Meeting Proxy form, and provide it to the Secretary at the beginning of the Annual Meeting. Click here to access the Annual Meeting Proxy form.